Dog Park Locations
Fargo's four dog parks are open daily from dawn to dusk year round, weather and turf conditions permitting. The dog parks offer fenced in areas for large and small dogs to exercise and socialize with seating at all parks. At the dog parks, there are strict rules and regulations enforced to provide a safe environment for all to enjoy.
Village West Dog Park Partially Closed
Beginning June 8, sections of Village West Dog Park are closed for reseeding. Avoid marked off areas; the remainder of the park is available for use. Fargo's other are available for public use.
Dog Park Rules
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries caused by them.
- Dogs must wear a collar, carry ID tags, be properly licensed, inoculated and in healthy condition.
- Dogs must not be left unattended or out of sight.
- Children must be under strict supervision at all times.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs and repair any holes left by their pets.
- Owners must carry a leash at all times. Dogs should be leashed before entering and prior to leaving the park.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the dog park.
- Dogs must be removed from the dog park at the first sign of aggression.
- The Dog Parks are open daily from dawn to dusk year round, weather and turf conditions permitting.
- Violators will be subject to removal from the park and suspension of park privileges.
- No parking in local business parking lots.
Fargo Park District Leash Ordinance
Every person having custody or control of any dog, cat or other animal on Park Property shall maintain control of such animal by use of a chain or leash or by confinement within a vehicle or otherwise, and such person shall be equipped to and shall collect the animal's solid waste when eliminated. Any such waste shall be deposited in a refuse container or removed from Park District property.*
*Leashes are not required inside fence in Fargo Park District Dog Parks.